Instagram for Your Business
In the era of technology, owning a business with no social media attached to market and represent yourself is a path to hardships in marketing.
The world and the economy have changed, and those who don’t follow and embrace this change are doomed to see their business fail.
There are various forms of social media lurking around in the internet. Talking about every single form of social media platform will require someone to sit down and write a 500 page book about the different social networks. Today, we focus on Instagram.
Instagram is a very popular form of social media where images are used as a form of status update. It is a different platform for sharing your brand and business to the world.
You should not just be posting random pictures on your business’ Instagram. There are certain Do’s and Don’ts that should be followed if you want to create a presence with your business.
- Update your feed consistently
- Include a link to your website on your Instagram profile and let your followers know you have a link on your profile that they click on.
- Tag the location of your image. (Ex. your business address)
- Vary the composition of your uploaded images
- Be engaged with your followers on the comment section.
- Your Instagram feed is an extension of your brand
- USE HASHTAGS
- Share more than 10 hashtags per post.
- Post more than 1-3xs a day ( respect your followers feed)
- Forget to add caption to your post
- Post irrelevant images that have nothing to do with your brand of business.
Instagram is an extension to the other forms of social media your business should have.
Instagram also has a sharing feature where your post on the Instagram platform can also share it on tumblr, Facebook, and Twitter.
This small step, of using Instagram, will help your business in the new era of technology.